Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day has passed but....


Christmas day has come and gone ....and yet it is with us all through the year, for without the themes we celebrate and meditate upon at Christmas and Easter our Christan faith is nothing...no God becoming man, no Jesus of perfection in order to be the final and only perfect sacrifice to wash away our sins. I have been reading a story by a South African missionary to Kenya, that my parents knew when I was a little girl with them in Kenya, A Boy of Two Worlds by Lorna Eglin. I found it absolutely fascinating that the Masai, who believe in the Creator God, also have a sacrificial system when a grave sin is committed. How glad they are when they come to understand that Jesus who is their Creator God has been the final sacrifice, and trusting in Him means all sins are washed away, making the final cleansing complete in the legal sense. (Of course a daily walk with God requires many a sorry and forgiveness too)

Indeed the world over believes they are saved and are entitled to go to heaven when they are "good", when the reality is not one of us can ever be good enough for God. It is only by His grace that he sent us his son.
There is so much to write along the Christmas theme. I had been preparing months before Christmas, a Christmas devotional for my children along the theme of the character of Jesus. With the upheaval of my knee operation I did not even do all of them with my children, never mind polish them up well enough to publish! Some years ago we also did a unit study on the symbols at Christmas time, and I had planned to polish that up for publishing here too. But I realise that it is probably a hole years worth of work and more. So although Christmas is over. I think I may continue to write....I don't know, we shall have to see how time allows!
(see my main blog to see what we did on Christmas day)

No comments:

Post a Comment